Tuesday, May 10, 2005

HARO’S HANNAH TAKES SECOND IN REDBULL LISBON DOWNTOWN

My super cool new boss Jill Hamilton (Marketing Coordinator/BMX Team Manager, Haro Bicycles) sent this to me, so I thought I would pass it on!

Team Haro rider, Mick Hannah, has again taken second at the Lisbon Downtown event in Portugal, the world’s only international Urban Downhill invitational event.

After his introduction to the event last year, Hannah was keen to again test out the tight, twisting streets of Lisbon.

"It is just such a blast," said Hannah, "The crowd is right in your face and it is so fast in some of the sections. I love coming here and can't wait to bring Tracey (Hannah) over next year"

Hannah had to settle for the same result as last year, with second place to four-time winner Steve Peat.

"I only brought over the .357 Magnum 9" bike to Europe as I had to trim down the amount I took over, so it was perhaps a little overkill for this course (Hannah rode his Werx-7 last year), but I just love the bike so much that it wasn't a problem."

Final Results were:

1 Steve Peat 1.31.994
2 Mick Hannah 1.33.819
3 Greg Minaar 1.33.922

Hannah will now head to Australia for a week before making his way back to the US to complete the international season.

Mick Hannah and the entire Haro Team are generously supported by Manitou, Shimano, Thor, Sun-Ringle, Bell Helmets, Selle Italia, and Easton.

No comments: